FreeBSD 6.2 ipw3945 on HP Pavilion dv6000

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Tue Jan 23 12:41:10 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 10:48, Dominik Zalewski wrote:
> I'm running FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE on HP Pavilion dv6000. I have a problem
> with intel 3945 wireless card. Simply, kernel didnt detect any ipw*
> device. When I'm loading a module if_ipw nothing happen. I tried also
> to compile this driver static into the kernel. No results :(
>
> I installed /usr/ports/net/ipw-firmware
>

> Any ideas?

From the ipw(4) manual page:

     ipw -- Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 IEEE 802.11 driver

i.e. 3945 hardware is *not* supported by this driver - sorry.  There is an
ongoing effort to port a driver called wpi(4) to support this hardware,
details at: http://www.clearchain.com/wiki/Wpi  But this is in an early
stage of development.  Testing is welcome, however.  An additional
possibility is the ndis framework - see ndisgen(8).

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org