Failover-HA-Setup

Richard lists at leewelle.de
Wed Jan 17 14:10:41 UTC 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 17.01.2007, 17:47 +0400 schrieb Rauf Kuliyev:
> Try '/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server forcestart'
>
> .
> > I am running heartbeat on a STABLE-system, the failover works fine for
> > IP-adresses and I am able to see that a
> > '/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server start' statement is issued. BUT since
> > the variables for mysql are not set in rc.conf (Otherwise it would be
> > started at startup), it isn't starting at all.

Hm, that's only a temporary solution.

As a background:

Heartbeat monitors the HA nodes via a UDP ping (or other method) and if
one of the nodes goes down, it takes over a clustered IP and then starts
services by issuing the corresponding scripts in [/usr/local|]/etc/rc.d
with the argument start...

So your solution will not really work....

With best regards

Richard