just cvsuped and compiled/installed world and kernel. why is uname -a still saying "6.2-prerelease"?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Jan 15 18:15:30 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 09:11:56AM -0800, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> If memory serves me right, Jayel Villamin wrote:
> > tag used is RELENG_6.
> >
> > cvsup was completed at around 3am Monday New York time. 6.2 has been
> > released hours before so I thought uname -a should display something
> > else? like "6-stable" or at least something other than
> > "6.2-prerelease"?
>
> Make sure you have at least revision 1.69.2.14 of
> src/sys/conf/newvers.sh.  Otherwise the change probably just didn't
> propagate yet to whichever cvsup mirror you're using.

I've found the quickest way to figure out if I got the right version is
to do, after downloading

egrep "REVISION|BRANCH" /usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh

--

Scott

GPG KeyID EB3467D6
( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)

Angelus: I wanna torture you. I used to love it, and it's been
such a long time. I mean, the last time I tortured someone, they
didn't even *have* chainsaws.