2.4TB disk - MBR and GPT coexist?

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Fri Jan 12 05:01:26 UTC 2007

On Jan 11, 2007, at 7:20 PM, Dan Nelson wrote:
> I've got ancient AMI Megaraid controllers (Dell PERC 2/Si cards) that
> can put multiple logical drives on one RAID set, so I'm surprised that
> a modern controller can't.

Funny, that.  I miss the old Megaraid controllers.  They had features
that the very best of modern raid are all lacking.  Like 3ware, which
apparently doesn't protect the partition information.  My ancient DPT
and Megaraid controllers all did that.  Sad how far backwards the
technology has gone.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek