System freeze on 6.1/2 when running makeworld and dump

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Thu Jan 11 15:33:44 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 07:14:41PM +1100, Geoff Roberts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can consistantly make my system freeze when building makeworld and
> running dump at the same time. The system actually locks - I have to
> hit the reset switch to bring the system back to life.
>
> I also get a core dump on current.

Don't keep us in suspense, when you have additional relevant details
please provide them in your mail!

As for the freeze, it might be snapshot-related but we have no way to
tell until you provide additional debugging details, as outlined in
the developers handbook chapter on kernel debugging.

Thanks,
Kris