Apache13/MoinMoin/Python vs PATH? What changed?

Andrew Reilly andrew-freebsd at areilly.bpc-users.org
Wed Feb 28 05:35:18 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Funny thing happened after the last upgrade (upgraded to
6-STABLE yesterday): the moinmoin wiki that I've been
playing with stopped working.  A little fiddling found
that I could make it work again by changing the shebang
at the top of /usr/local/www/wiki/moin.cgi (ScriptAlias
points there, in httpd.conf) from #!/usr/bin/env python to
#!/usr/local/bin/python

Now, it appears that
* python is in /usr/local/bin, as expected
* /usr/local/bin is still in the default path in /etc/login.conf
* none of the Apache or MoinMoin config files have been touched
  since November last year, when I set it up.

It seems that apache-1.3 went through an upgrade on Jan 17
(here), probably the last time that I ran portupgrade.  Has
it changed, to filter /usr/local/bin out of the PATH that cgi
scripts see?  I'm not very adept at Apache configuration, but I
don't see anything in the httpd.conf file that talks about PATH.

Any thoughts?

--
Andrew