getting garbage faster using FreeBSD?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Tue Feb 20 15:40:39 UTC 2007

Volker <volker at vwsoft.com> wrote:
 > For my dentist I'm currently in the process of destroying some tape
 > cartridges (SLR7) and also two hard disks (147G SCSI).

The most secure and fastest way (by far) is to burn the
tapes, and to open the hard disk cases and apply some
sandpaper to the disk surfaces.  (Contrary to popular
believe, a huge magnet might not be sufficient.)

Best regards
   Oliver

Any opinions expressed in this message are personal to the author and may
not necessarily reflect the opinions of secnetix GmbH & Co KG in any way.

"That's what I love about GUIs: They make simple tasks easier,
and complex tasks impossible."
        -- John William Chambless