sysutils/fusefs-ntfs working for anyone?

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Mon Feb 19 13:20:26 UTC 2007

On 6.2-RELEASE using fusefs-kmod-0.3.0_4, fusefs-libs-2.6.2, and
fusefs-ntfs-0.20070207RC1, I can mount my existing (Windows XP) NTFS
partition with 'ntfs-3g /dev/ad0s1 /mnt/ad0s1'.

The following error messages about missing /proc/filesystems and
modprobe can be ignored, since defaults are assumed in case of missing
information. (I read about it on a fusefs mailing list concerning Darwin.)

Reading from the ntfs slice works ok as I get about 12MB/s copying a
200MB file, but writing to it does not give the results I was expecting
from the claims at the ntfs-3g website: only 44KB/s copying a 4MB file.

Thus, basically it works thought writing is terribly slow.

Jan Henrik