Recent libxine update seems to cause ICE on 6-STABLE/amd64

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 18 14:33:38 UTC 2007

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 14:28:54 +0200
Andy Fawcett <andy at athame.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sunday 18 February 2007 11:04, Jack L. wrote:
> > It fails to compile with the gcc version that comes with FreeBSD 6
> > and 7, but it compiles fine on gcc 4.1 when I tried. It's probably
> > a compiler bug that's been fixed on the 4.x series.
>
> Yes, I agree it builds fine on 6.2/amd64 when gcc 4.1 is used. I
> guess a  simple fix for the port would be to update the USE_GCC
> version to a value  known to work (4.1 and 4.2 from ports are ok, no
> idea about 4.0).
>
> Hopefully someone more familiar with the compiler suites would be
> able to fix  the system compilers.

How about using default compiler + this patch:

http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/ports/multimedia_libxine/patch-xzz

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........