Intermittent network issues with Freebsd 6.2

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Thu Feb 15 04:35:54 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 03:09:08PM +1100, Dimuthu Parussalla wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've just noticed when this incident happens Ierrs starting to increase and
> then interface in not pingable. Refer to output below.
>
> Also how do I set the interface in rc.conf to use 1000baseTX. Without using
> to autoselect?

You can do the following:

ifconfig_bge0="inet xxx netmask yyy media 1000baseTX mediaopt full-duplex"
ifconfig_bge1="inet xxx netmask yyy media 1000baseTX mediaopt full-duplex"

See the bge(4) manpage for additional details.

Also, which particular Broadcom chip are you using?  dmesg(8) should
show this, or pciconf -l -v.

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |