pppd crashes, was: kde-freebsd

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at freebsd.org
Sat Feb 10 07:35:28 UTC 2007

Hi,

>>>>> On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 17:24:11 +0100
>>>>> Eric Masson <emss at free.fr> said:

emss> Right, and an up to date pppd in base would be imho really nice to have.
emss> Kernel pppoe as in Net/Open would be an alternative to net/mpd.
emss> (No, I'm not volunteering to port NetBSD's kernel ppp to FreeBSD as my
emss> C & kernel programming skills are way under required level)

In my experience, this is not an issue that just porting pppd from
NetBSD or OpenBSD, or importing latest pppd solves the problem.  It
seems locking problem to me, and setting debug.mpsafenet to 0 should
be a workaround.  Of course, it's great someone upgrading our pppd to
recent one.

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/