Correct way to perform minidumps on gmirror device?

Terry Kennedy terry at tmk.com
Thu Feb 1 03:07:10 UTC 2007

  I'm trying to find out the best way to set up minidumps on my gmirror
drives. I have some questions about what is considered the correct way
of doing this. In particular:

  1) The release notes say to "sysctl debug.minidump=1", but isn't doing
     this in /etc/sysctl.conf too late in the process?

  2) The examples I've found (http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200608/gmirror_1.html)
     say to add gmirror configure commands to /etc/rc.early and /etc/rc.local,
     but the manpage says these are deprecated?

  Where should these commands be placed?

        Terry Kennedy             http://www.tmk.com
        terry at tmk.com             New York, NY USA