Fatal trap 19 on Sony Vaio

TechNews technews at giallarhorn.org
Mon Dec 31 12:28:45 PST 2007

I'm getting the following trap when i try to install from  the i386
7.0RC1 disk1 and livefs install cds. I've also tried booting with acpi
disabled.  The error says it's a RAM issue but since i've been able to
boot other operating systems on it without a problem. The laptop is a
Sony VGN-FZ240E. The problems seems to be fixable by building a kernel
without firewire but is there a way to get the stock kernel to work?

This is what's on the screen after the panic:

fwohci0: [MPSAFE]
fwohci0: [FILTER]
fwohci0: OHCI version 1.10 (ROM=1)
fwohci0: No. of Isochronous channels is 4.
fwohci0: EUI64 08:00:46:03:02:90:3b:12 u
NMI ISA b0, EISA ff
RAM parity error, likely hardware failure.

Fatal trap 19: non-maskable interrupt trap while in kernel mode
cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
instruction pointer = 0x20:0xc059c336
stack pointer             = 0x28:0xc14207a4
frame pointer                = 0x28:0xc14207d0
code segment                = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, IOPL = 0
current process            = 0 (swapper)
trap number                    = 19
panic: non-maskable interrupt trap
cpuid = 0

I tried some iso's i had lying around and I was able to get into
sysinstall on 4.3/4.8,5.0, 6.1 and i'm currently
 running Vista without a problem. A PC BSD 1.4.1 (6.3 PRERELEASE) also
panicked.

When booting nothing is attached to the firewire port.

http://marc.info/?t=109967176800001&r=1&w=2
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Fatal+trap+19%3A+non-maskable+interrupt+trap+while+in+kernel+mode

thanks