I just broke out of a FreeBSD jail.. Known bug??

Dr. Aharon Friedman a.friedman at trunutrition.com
Sat Dec 29 17:58:11 PST 2007

It does not look like you broke it.  Moving directories between jails while
they are running is not part of the game as it breaks chroot.  You could
manipulate files between jails with the jails up by using networking, such
as ftp.

Obviously, one could program chroot to be able to "eat" this stuff, but it
will make the system cumbersome.  Remember, Jails are supposed to protect
against an outside attacker, not against the sys admin.

Aharon