iwi on BETA4 with WPA2: device timeout/firmware error

Andrew Thompson thompsa at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 13 13:21:47 PST 2007

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 09:15:04PM +0000, Hugo Silva wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Just wanted to report another issue with BETA4 on my laptop.
>
> The wireless connection is "working" without encryption (interface goes up
> and down every few minutes, but at least I don't lose any connections, so
> it's barely noticeable).
>
> Today I was setting up WPA2 with wpa_supplicant and hostapd and managed to
> do so (status: associated), however it goes down a few seconds later with
> iwi0: device timeout and iwi0: firmware error, every single time.
>
> Is this a known problem ? At least on my machine, WPA + iwi is currently
> unusable, as I am not able to ping anything even in the brief moments the
> card is associated with the AP.

Can you please set the sysctl debug.iwi to 2 and post the debugging
messages that are output. Make sure you get the section of output from
when you kick off wpa_supplicant and when the firmware error happens.

cheers,
Andrew