SOLVED: qemu: freebsd6_mmap -1 errno 12 Cannot allocate memory

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.pp.ru
Sat Dec 8 07:43:49 PST 2007

On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 09:37:12AM -0500, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> Please reread my original reply to you.  If you are going to be
> rebuilding or installing new ports, then you really need to do
> a portupgrade -af.  The same thing may happen again for some
> other library.

I know. I will never 'rebuild all ports', I don't think that's Right Thing.

I've upgraded once from 4.11-STABLE to 6.0-RELEASE (binary upgrade
over existing system) and all ports worked nice, including X, brousers etc.
The only problem was a change of locale on-disk format that had simple workaround.

I still have a.out binaries built under 2.2.8 running
under production 4.11-STABLE, they run just fine.
Modern operating system just have to offer binary backwards
compatibility for user-level, IMHO.

I have backups and when 'the same thing' happen again for a library
I forgot to move to lib/compat, I'll restore it there and continue
to use it.

Eugene Grosbein