Intel DG31PR and RTL8168/8111 issue

Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri wearabnet at yahoo.ca
Fri Dec 7 07:50:00 PST 2007

Hello Pyun,

----- Original Message ----

 wrote:

> [...]
>
>  >
>  > Shall I issue more commands and send it?
>  >

> I'd like to know whether multicat filtering really works on your
> hardware. It would be even better if you can test it on IPv6
> environments. Just assign an IPv6 address to your re0 and send
> a ICMPv6 node information DNS name query from other hosts.
> For exmaple, 'ping6 -w ff02::1%foo0' command will report hostname
> of host with re0 interface if multicast filtering works(Change
> foo0 with interface instance of a driver.)
>
> --
> Regards,
> Pyun YongHyeon

I wish I could do that, but my ISP doesn't offer IPV6 space.

Could you please make this patch in HEAD then mergge it to RELENG_7, so users with this nic wont drop FreeBSD 7.0 when it is out because the nic wont work out of box at least for IPV4 users.

Again, I appreciate your help, and the great support for the community you offer. :-)

Regards,
-Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri
Arab Portal
http://www.WeArab.Net/