missing .cshrc and pf.conf after upgrade to 7.0-beta3

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Wed Dec 5 08:28:01 PST 2007

Colin Percival wrote:
> Max Laier wrote:

>>>The heuristics didn't work this time. :-(
>>
>>Yet they lose the configuration changes they might have applied to the
>>original foo.conf.  I don't think you should delete files that have
>>changed.  Maybe moving them somewhere for future reference would be the
>>best thing to do?
>

> That is, in effect, what FreeBSD Update does -- the upgrade can always
> be rolled back (and /etc/pf.conf recovered) by "freebsd-update rollback".

Is there any way how one can recover just pf.conf and not whole upgrade?

Is there any place, where warning about this issue (removing pf.conf)
should go? Because many users are using PF and if anybody from them will
try your freebsd-update.sh upgrade from FreeBSD 6.2 to newer release
will lose pf.conf and end up with unfirewalled machine after reboot
without knowing it. (just like me)

Miroslav Lachman