IPSEC + Via Padlock + racoon + Windows

Dewayne Geraghty phil at amdg.etowns.org
Mon Dec 3 13:14:22 PST 2007

My apologies for the confusion, yes, the C7 only helps with AES.

The configuration detail is: between branch offices I use FreeBSD ipsec
(AES), and within the branches Windows boxes access the firewall boxes.  The
"firewalls" run samba inside a jail. Due to sensitive information (see your
local Privacy legislation), we also need to encrypt the information between
samba jail and the PC-WXP devices. Hence the need to use ipsec-AES on the
WAN and ipsec-3des on the LAN (as 3des is the best option selectable for
WXP).

Regards, Dewayne.