powerd freeze with amd 5000 X2 but not with lower cpus

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Thu Aug 23 10:38:16 PDT 2007

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, JoaoBR wrote:
 > On Thursday 23 August 2007 00:17:56 Ian Smith wrote:
 >

 > > Call me curious, but (assuming that you're tuning for performance, not
 > > economy, and so will always run these boxes on AC power, not battery):
 > >
 > >   a) why you think that line in /etc/rc.d/power_profile is 'funny'?
 > >

 > well, in first place because it gave an error, I haven't looked deeper at that
 > moment because I was after something else
 >
 > so now I did because of your question and it seems the power_profile script
 > has a bug
 >
 > I tries to set hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest=C1
 >
 > but I guess it should be dev.cpu.0.cx_lowest

Ah, ok.  Updated in HEAD but not STABLE:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/rc.d/power_profile.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.7&r2=text&tr2=1.11

But http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/rc.d/power_profile
indicates that hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest should still work anyway, to set
all cpus the same?  What is the error message you're getting?

Cheers, Ian