buildkernel acpi failure

Purushotham Nayak nayak_purushotham at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 18:57:20 PDT 2007

I had FreeBSD 6.1 on my machine and it was working very well.
I tried to upgrade to 6.2 using a upgrade_script which rendered
my system unbootable. I booted using a FreesBIE liveCD and
tried to buildkernel through a chrooted environment so that I
can build fix my hard disk. I get the following error everytime
I try to make buildkernel. I've tried cvsuping my sources with
6.0 6.1 and 6.2 and get the same error with all three. Does
anyone know what could be causing it ?

/n/lorax1/usr6/src/sys/i386/acpica/acpi_wakecode.S: Assembler messages:
 /n/lorax1/usr6/src/sys/i386/acpica/acpi_wakecode.S:103: Error: suffix
 or operands invalid for `ljmp'
 *** Error code 1
 1 error
 *** Error code 2