none of wpa_passphrase

Eitarou Kamo e-kamo at trio.plala.or.jp
Fri Aug 10 17:25:40 PDT 2007

>>> # reading passphrase from stdin
>>> MyS3cr3t
>>> network={
>>>        ssid="MySSID"
>>>        #psk="MyS3cr3t"
>>>
>>> psk=c0964594a3000e7605ef17097f7d939a44e516f05b99806fd862db5934c2e4d4
>>> }
>>>
>>> The output is ready to be included in your wpa_supplicant.conf file
>>> (better removing the commented line where the password is in clear
>>> text).
>>> nf
>>>

>>  My question is not the usage of it but itself....  I can't use
>> wpa_supplicant  because
>> none of it. Is there it anywhere? Haven't it been dealt with stable yet?
>>

> wpa_supplicant includes the functionality of wpa_passphrase.  You only
> want it if you want to precompute the PSK from a passphrase.

 You mean wpa_supplicant have wpa_passphrase function in itself?
But I wrote PSK key in the wpa_supplicant.conf normally. But wpa_supplicant
couldn't seem to precompute it. And only normal PSK key couldn't seem to
make it.

> u have the code; just setup a Makefile in usr.sbin/wpa.  HEAD and
> RELENG_6 include support so try grabbing it from there.
>
>    Sam

I just only entered "make" in the src/..../wpa_supplicant directory but....

Eitarou