ASUS P5LD2-VM problem?

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 27 14:28:59 UTC 2007

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 04:50:53PM +0300, Andrei V. Lavreniyuk wrote:
> Motherboard:
> ASUS P5LD2-VM Socket775   BIOS version 1304
>
> acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
> acpi_bus_number: can't get _ADR
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^??????????????

Almost every system (workstation or server) i've seen which uses ACPI
spits this out.  I have no idea what it means, but it appears to be
harmless.

> acpi_throttle1: <ACPI CPU Throttling> on cpu1
> acpi_throttle1: failed to attach P_CNT
> device_attach: acpi_throttle1 attach returned 6

My guess is that there's either some invalid ACPI data being given to
FreeBSD via the BIOS (which would make this Asus's fault), or there
needs to be a one-off/tweak added for ACPI throttling for this
particular motherboard.

You should really be sending all of this to the freebsd-acpi list.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/acpi-debug.html