GIANT LOCKED raid driver

Artem Kuchin matrix at itlegion.ru
Wed Apr 25 11:29:50 UTC 2007

We use 3ware cards (twe driver) on most of our
server. While it is a very good raid controller it's
driver is still GIANT LOCKED and i think this
reduces perfomance of the server (they do a lot of disk io).
Does anyone know a good raid controller (raid-5 not really needed,
mirror is enough) whose driver is not giant locked?

Or maybe i worry for nothing and this giant locked issue is not
really affecting perfomance (we are talking 2 real CPUs configuration
and sometimes 2 real + 2 logical (HT)).

--
Regards,
Artem