mount_nullfs in jail?

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Thu Apr 19 14:37:18 UTC 2007

On Apr 19, 2007, at 5:17 AM, Vlad GALU wrote:

>> Is there any way to have mount_nullfs working inside the jail?
>
>   I mount nullfs from the host, that's how I share the ports
> directory across jails.

/me too.

easiest way is to create a file /etc/fstab.jailname with the mount in
it, like this:

/n/yertle1/sources/ports /u/data/jails/lsfe/usr/ports nullfs rw 0 0

which is how I map  my ports tree mounted on the jail host via NFS
from the main server into the /usr/ports directory of the jail named
'lsfe' in this case.

I'm not sure if default jails  read the /etc/fstab.jailname files,
but ezjail's startup does, and makes for easy jail management.