tproxy on freebsd

jonathan michaels jlm at caamora.com.au
Wed Apr 18 01:57:16 UTC 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 08:35:16AM +0700, zen wrote:
> jonathan michaels wrote:
>
> >alexander,
> >
> >list, sorry for posting to list, i tried to post to advertised mail
> >address and my post bounced as "user unknown". so i try here.
> >
> >On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 09:29:21PM +0400, Alexander Kuprijanov wrote:
> >

> >>÷ ÓÏÏÂÝÅÎÉÉ ÏÔ Tuesday 17 April 2007 11:17:05 zen ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ(Á):
> >>

> >>I use transparent proxy on my home wi-fi network, and on work (ethernet lan)
> >>with pf+proxy on FreeBSD gateways without any problems... earlier I used
> >>ipfilter+proxy (for transparent proxing) also without problems.
> >>
> >>I can share my config (pf+proxy) if you need
> >>

> >i don't have a problem with this but i am going to be setting up a
> >similar setup and would appreciate the help a working setup would
> >provide.
> >
> >sorry for my poor english and typing .. i am disabled.
> >
> >kind regards
> >
> >jonathan
> >

> any help will be appreciated, i could use a sample configuration file
> regarding this problem.
> FYI i already running transparent proxy with ipf+ipnat,:
>
> rdr nve0 0.0.0.0/0 port 80 -> 122.x.x.x port 3128 tcp
>
> but with that configuration, still the proxy ip address that visible
> when my client using the proxy.
> is it me or just i cant achieve that with FreeBSD?
> because i hate to switch to other OS only because of this.
>
> anyway this what i found in the net, but only work on linux
>
> http://www.sanog.org/resources/sanog4-devdas-transproxy.pdf

sorry my internet (web browser machine/webbrowser is offline) access is
broken at moment .. i use lynx on a 486dx50, its 20 years old.

will this work on centos v4 and/or debian v3.4 ??? i am setting up a
compaq proliant 5500r as the network backbone, multi boot (freebsd v6,
debian v3.4 and ms window 2003 server/professional). this is my fall
back stratagy.

much thanks and most kind regards

jonathan