tproxy on freebsd

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Tue Apr 17 11:09:39 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 09:17, zen wrote:
> i know it seem out of topic,
> i recently build a proxy server to serve our small ISP,
> but i'm facing a big problem. as far as i know FreeBSD didn't support
> TPROXY like linux had.
> but i need to build this proxy transparently so only my client ips that
> visible when browsing.
> i use ipnat and ipf with Squid latest stable release.
> does anyone has experience building a true transparent proxy with
> FreeBSD? please share the knowledge and the regarding this problems.

http://www.benzedrine.cx/transquid.html is a tutorial for OpenBSD + pf +
squid, but almost the same steps are required for FreeBSD.  If you build
squid from the portstree you should enable:

 [X] SQUID_PF             Enable transparent proxying with PF

or

 [ ] SQUID_IPFILTER       Enable transp. proxying with IPFilter

if you want to stay with ipf + ipnat.

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org