6.2 loader hangs on Supermicro P8SCT

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Sat Apr 14 10:10:05 UTC 2007

On Saturday 14 April 2007 18:55, Andrei Kolu wrote:
> Press any key to gain boot prompt while system is loading- look at loader
> messages.
> From appeared boot prompt type: boot -s

I was under the impression that if you set the autoboot delay to 0 (or -1)
then you won't be able to get to the loader prompt at all.

I must admit I haven't tested it though.
> > phase of the moon during construction or the diodes?! :)
>
> I got almost identical board P8SCi and have no problems running FreeBSD
> 6.1, 6.2, 7-CURRENT. Maybe you should look at supermicro site and upgrade
> bios. I think this is ACPI problem. You can disable ACPI temporarily at the
> boot loader prompt by issueing "unset acpi_load" if you are having problems
> booting an ACPI enabled machine.

The loader doesn't use ACPI so while it may be related to ACPI the command you
suggest won't have an effect.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum