aac driver debug info

Andrew N. Below defan at zenon.net
Fri Apr 13 08:38:27 UTC 2007

Hi.

Is there any way to understand the following message
from aac driver?

Apr 13 11:06:42 xxx kernel: aac0: EventNotify(0)
Apr 13 11:06:42 xxx kernel: aac0: (EnclosureManagement) EMPID 0 unit 0 event
22

Hardware is Adaptec 2420SA SATA RAID controller.
Kernel was built with AAC_DEBUG=0 option specially for debug
messages (aaccli does not work with this card).

Controller is running with one RAID1 array, and first physical disk
displays "SMART Error" on boot screen:

Port# Box# Slot# Vendor  Product Info Rev#   Speed     Size   SMART Error
0   --    --   ST3250820A           3.AA  3.0 Gb/s   232.88 GB Y
1   --    --   ST3250820A           3.AA  3.0 Gb/s   232.88 GB N

So, "unit 0" is the first disk, and "event 22" is a SMART error?
Can I find the list of other possible "events"?

We still don't have working CLI utility for newer adaptec cards
in 6-STABLE?

I also work with several boxes under Solaris 10 x86 with the
same hardware. I use arcconf utility from StorMan package
and it works perfect.

| UCLI |  Adaptec uniform command line interface
| UCLI |  Version 4.30 (B16038)
| UCLI |  (C) Adaptec 2003-2006
| UCLI |  All Rights Reserved

But of course it is unreal to get source code...

--
Andrew