create archive of system

Stephen Clark Stephen.Clark at seclark.us
Wed Apr 11 11:56:16 UTC 2007

Hello List,

I apologize if this is not the correct place to ask this. What is the
best way to create an
archive of a FreeBSD system so yoy can take it to another computer and
unarchive and
have a runnable system, assuming the other systems disk had already been
formatted
with the appropriate filesystems. In other words I want to move all the
files and have them
keep all their attributes, permissions, ownership, chflags etc.

Thanks,
Steve

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety."  (Ben Franklin)

decreases."  (Thomas Jefferson)