Changing Console Resolution - Vidcontrol

illoai at gmail.com illoai at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 00:06:01 UTC 2007

On 04/04/07, JoaoBR <joao at matik.com.br> wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 April 2007 00:05, you wrote:
> > Console is not intended for everyday use! You should login
> > to your FreeBSD box with ssh-client of your choise and from
> > the OS of your choise (preferably from graphic mode).
> >

> please stay on topic
> the question is not what one should or not
> but to hook into your talk, if there is a console it can be used as wanted

Ther are always going to be limitations.
If you are not writing the code you are
not going to have very much control over
those limitations.

> > 1024x768 is more than enough for 120x50 virtual terminals.
>
> may be for you, for me and lot of other users it is definitly not

Well, perhaps you have something wrong if
you cannot run 120x50 at 1024x768?

> > p.s. Or you just trolling? RH is rather professional, but definitely
> > not because of graphics in console... :-\
>

> don't try to be smart with me
> nobody said that RH is professional because of it's graphics in console
> I said that for example RH looks professional with the graphic boot they offer

Don't try to play dumb with us.  You implied
that it was when you wrote:

> simply consider RH graphical boot in 1024x768 has a very professional look
> while Freebsd still looks like Gate's MsDos before selling it to IBM

And both premises are patent nonsense, since
they are both predicated on some bollocks notion
of professionalism which likely started with the
first "school" to sell MBAs via post.