Changing Console Resolution - Vidcontrol

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Wed Apr 4 23:15:08 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 04 April 2007 04:49, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On 2007-Apr-03 14:27:00 -0300, JoaoBR <joao at matik.com.br> wrote:
> >simply consider RH graphical boot in 1024x768 has a very professional look
> >while Freebsd still looks like Gate's MsDos before selling it to IBM
>
> I don't understand why displaying a silly graphic whilst hiding the
> boot messages is professional.  If you really need eye-candy to make
> your FreeBSD box look like it's running MS Windows, see splash(4)

uuuhf man, my example of RH's graphical boot is *not* about a picture and this
wasn't at all a comparism to any graphics in picture form, you should pay
more attention to the whole thread instead of junking in here

this thread is about displaying *text console*  in 1024x768 and so I compared
RH 8x8 boot text to fbsd's 16x16 mode

and it is not about professional looking even if it was one of the points as
example, it is extremely useful to get more information on one screen and
still more usefull not having linewraps

and I do not even get why this is beeing fight because it is natural having
bigger screens and smaller letter to see more at once, unless you have
disabilities and need the big letters but that is another point of view

--

João