make buildworld error on am64

Niclas Zeising niclas.zeising at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 10:07:53 UTC 2007

On 4/4/07, zen <zen at tk-pttuntex.com> wrote:
> Niclas Zeising wrote:
>
> > On 4/4/07, zen <zen at tk-pttuntex.com> wrote:
> >
> >> hi ,
> >> sorry to bother you again,
> >> i'm trying updating my machine to 6.2STABLE,
> >

> > [snip error log]
> >

> >> the box was fresh install from 6.2RELEASE, and was build on am64 arch.
> >> it has 4Gigs RAM and amd64 X2 AM2 socket.
> >>
> >> could you  tell me how to resolve this problem?
> >>

> >> TIA
> >> Zen
> >

> > What's in your /etc/make.conf? It seems to me you have set cputype to
> > a faulty value...
> > HTH!
> > //Niclas
> >
> this is my /etc/make.conf
>
> CFLAGS= -O -pipe
> NOPROFILE= true
> USA_RESIDENT= yes
> CPUTYPE=amd64
> NO_PROFILE=yes
>
> TIA
>
> Zen

That explains why the build blowes up. Valid options for CPUTYPE are:
#   AMD64 architecture: opteron, athlon64, nocona, prescott, core2
Depending on your CPU.

Also, be aware that it's best to add cputype as CPUTYPE?=, so
makefiles can change the cpu-type if need be.
Have a look at src/share/examples/etc/make.conf and make.conf(5) for
further explanations and options to put in your make.conf.
HTH!
//Niclas