ipfw add pipe broken?

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Sun Apr 1 18:57:49 UTC 2007

On Sunday 01 April 2007 15:22, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> At 11:55 AM 4/1/2007, JoaoBR wrote:
> >by all respect to Julians work but with ipfw broken and sunday fucked up
> >
> >kind of scaring when seeing "I have no time to check, I do it on tuesday"
> >or "I need to do the userland ipfw too to add some new features, but, not
> >today.."
> >please do it all or don't do it, ipfw is an mature and essential
> >part where we
> >do not espect such sudden surprises in releng6 to happen
>
> I seriously doubt he intentionally meant to break it.... Accidents

man sure not, no one said that

> happen.  Roll your sources back to Friday and you will be OK until

yaya

but essential and especially mature code should be tested before comitting
changes I guess, I believe that ipfw wasn't tested before beeing hacked and
comitted this time, and overall btw, there was an alert and reply to the
commit msg on cvs which then was politly ignored "until tuesday" ... luck
that it wasn't the bootstrap or something

> its sorted out.  Remember, its a best effort, not perfect effort project.

sure, but when became perfect the honor is welcome as it comes for free when
it went wrong ;)

>          ---Mike

João