Drives always come up dirty after shutdown on 6.2-PRERELEASE.

Josef Karthauser joe at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 29 07:58:14 PDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 09:44:07AM -0500, Brooks Davis wrote:
> > On my laptop running 6.2-PRERELEASE the drives always mount dirty, which
> > suggests that they are not being shutdown clean; however the machine
> > always syncs the disks and switches itself off after a 'shutdown -p
> > now', and so I'm not sure what it could be.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this?
>
> I haven't seen any other reports of this.  Have you tried running a
> "fsck -f" on the drives?  It's possible there's a latent error that
> isn't being fixed by bgfsck.

I thought I did; I'll try again now and see what happens.  It's strange
though because it's every partition.

Joe
--
Josef Karthauser (joe at tao.org.uk)	       http://www.josef-k.net/