6.2 SHOWSTOPPER - em completely unusable on 6.2

David G Lawrence dg at dglawrence.com
Fri Sep 29 00:53:51 PDT 2006

>    Attached is a simple user program that will immediately cause pretty much
> all of the network drivers (at least the ones I own) to stop working and
> get watchdog timeouts.

   Oh, one more thing - I've only tried this on uni-processor machines. The
only MP machine that I have here is a production machine that I can't test
this on right now.
   If running this on an SMP machine doesn't show the problem, then try
running multiple copies of it (one for each CPU).

-DG

David G. Lawrence
President
Download Technologies, Inc. - http://www.downloadtech.com - (866) 399 8500
The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Pave the road of life with opportunities.