802.11 RSSI value displayed from ifconfig(8)

Eduardo Meyer dudu.meyer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 08:08:31 PDT 2006

Thank you Mr Leffler for this explanation. Honestly I did not know
about those tools. Very interesting, useful and some curious (say,
number of associations denied by wlan acl) information, which I
believe I will be able to produce some logs of it with audit support.

But I did not find any "signal" information nor any value which looks like dBm

# athstats -i ath0
4 watchdog timeouts
549821 tx management frames
7 tx frames discarded prior to association
1744404 tx stopped 'cuz no xmit buffer
15 tx linearized to cluster
97625 tx failed 'cuz too many retries
9069518 long on-chip tx retries
422577 tx frames with no ack marked
62850632 tx frames with short preamble
1700110 tx frames with an alternate rate
24280171 rx failed 'cuz of bad CRC
1 rx failed 'cuz frame too large
62560031 rx failed 'cuz of PHY err
    4211566 OFDM timing