6.2 SHOWSTOPPER - em completely unusable on 6.2

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Wed Sep 27 06:52:58 PDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 03:25:55PM +0200, Patrick M. Hausen wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 02:42:30PM +0200, Philippe Pegon wrote:
> > it's just a me too. On our ftp server (ftp8.fr.freebsd.org), sometimes
> > we see some "watchdog timeout" in the log with a bge card, but maybe it's
> > not the same problem... :
>
> As far as I know the watchdog timeouts are _supposed_ to be
> mostly harmless, i.e. recoverable.

You'll still see impact -- that is, no packets flowing.  The
reason things are recoverable is solely because of the retry
functionality for layer 2 packets...

In general, it's not a good thing to have watchdog timeouts.
It means the interrupt is hung, or the card is hung.

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |