Loadable SMBus modules regression in 6-STABLE -> 6-BETA

Dmitry Pryanishnikov dmitry at atlantis.dp.ua
Tue Sep 26 12:13:56 PDT 2006

Hello!

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, John Baldwin wrote:
> It still works here.  Since you are using modules, make sure all your modules
> are in sync.  Short of that, you can edit sys/dev/smbus/smb.c and add a

  Yes, they are (I've followed the standard OS upgrade procedure, including
full recompile of the kernel and all modules).

> printf to smb_identify() and make sure it is called.

   I've instrumented it in the following fashion:

smb_identify(driver_t *driver, device_t parent)
{
         printf("smb_identify() called!!!\n");
         if (device_find_child(parent, "smb", -1) == NULL) {
             printf("BUS_ADD_CHILD() = %p\n",
             BUS_ADD_CHILD(parent, 0, "smb", -1));
         }
}