ffs snapshot lockup

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Tue Sep 26 06:43:19 PDT 2006

On Sep 25, 2006, at 2:58 PM, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

> This problem sounds awfully like what I reported in a recent PR.
> Now I'm starting to have my doubts as to whether or not my hardware
> was indeed at fault...

I think my issue is a bit different -- the FS is the only thing
locked up, and only the single FS that mksnap_ffs is running on.  The
rest of the system continues to run quite nicely as long as the
process doesn't attempt to access the locked file system.  In my case
it has been the home directory partition, which is easy to avoid if
you're root.

I don't observe ethernet timeouts, etc.