reboot on power button?

Dan Pelleg daniel+bsd at pelleg.org
Fri Sep 22 05:45:04 PDT 2006

I'm setting up a PC-class machine to be used in an appliance-like
setting. The people using it are far more likely to hit the power button
then ctl-alt-del when they think it needs a restart (not often, but it may
still happen).

How do I tell ACPI to reboot when the power button is hit? Right now,
I'm getting the expected sleep effect (S1 and S5 both work, suspending
and shutting down respectively). I thought of installing a devd.conf
entry, but it seems the event is intercepted beforehand. I need something
like acpi_ibm's dev.acpi_ibm.0.events to pass the event over.

Other approaches are also welcome.

--
  Dan Pelleg