RELENG_6 does not compile

martinko martinkov at pobox.sk
Thu Sep 21 17:47:44 PDT 2006

Andrew J. Caines wrote:
> martinko,
>
> Do you have NO_INFO set in make.conf?
>
> My RELENG_6 boxes, which all have NO_INFO, also fail consistently at
> this stage of the build. My aborted efforts to find the cause (ie. why
> texinfo was being built at all), including building without the "-j 4"
> or _any_ make.conf or compiler options, ended when I just removed
> texinfo from the Makefile.
>
> FWIW, they go on to fail during the sysinstall build.
>
> I'll follow up with something more useful that "me too" when I have it.
>

> -Andrew-

no, i don't have NO_INFO in my make.conf.

well, the only change i've done recently is commenting out the following
two lines based on a thread in one of the freebsd mailing lists:

#CFLAGS= -O2 -pipe      # userland settings
#COPTFLAGS= -O -pipe    # kernel settings

therefore i guess -O2 being used now might be the culprit.

cheers,

martin