mod_php4 unavaible

Luca Morettoni luca at morettoni.net
Mon Sep 18 06:49:47 PDT 2006

On 18/09/2006 15.39, rvenne at dental-on-line.fr wrote:
> hi list
>
> I've updated php4 this morning, and my web site using lost php module.
> the php4 is unavailble on my system. /usr/ports/www/mod_php4 has been
> removed, and I don't know how to get it workind,
>
> some ideas?

from /usr/ports/UPDATING:

20060506:
  AFFECTS: users of PHP
  AUTHOR: ale at FreeBSD.org

  The old PHP slave ports (phpN-cli, phpN-cgi and mod_phpN) were removed
  in favour of unified PHP ports that allow building any combination of
  PHP SAPIs (cli, cgi and apache module).
  The PHP CGI binary was renamed to php-cgi, so you should update
  the path in your script. To simplify the update process, *only* for
  this release a 'php' compatibility symlink to php-cgi will be created
  if you don't select the CLI SAPI.
  Before the upgrade you *should* run 'make config' in lang/php4 or
  lang/php5 to configure the SAPIs you want to install.
  As a consequence the default binary packages include the CLI and the
  FastCGI SAPIs.

--
Luca Morettoni <luca(AT)morettoni(DOT)net> - http://morettoni.net
GUFI staff/core member <luca(AT)gufi(DOT)org> - http://gufi.org