Polling and em0

Bill Blue bblue at netoldies.com
Sat Sep 16 11:51:52 PDT 2006

polling(4) says that supported devices include em(4) and that polling support is turned on and off with ifconfig's 'polling' option.  But ifconfig doesn't seem to recognize that option either as a standalone request or with the initial em0 setup at boot.

This is after a source cvsup (releng=6 for the frozen for 6.2 sources) yesterday and buildworld + buildkernel.  em support is compiled in the kernel rather than loaded.  Mobo is a Supermicro P4SCT-0 with Intel 875 chipset.

Is this a known issue that I haven't found references to, or perhaps something related to my specific configuration?

FreeBSD v2.netoldies.com 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #0: Fri Sep 15 15:14:07 PDT 2006     root at v2.netoldies.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/V2KERNEL  i386

Thanks

--Bill