ACPI it failed in Acer Ferrari 4005 wmli

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Fri Sep 15 07:15:33 PDT 2006

On Sep 14, 2006, at 5:50 PM, Maher Mohamed wrote:

> The ACPI is not working on my machine, I am using FreeBSD 6.1
> Stable. How
> can i fix and if there is any instruction regarding the fix, please
> do not
> just mention just some files, but rather instruct me where and how
> to put

So you want specific instructions to fix a vague problem description?

First, state precisely how "ACPI is not working" and the perhaps
someone can tell you what to do.  Also, is this "Acer Ferrari 4005
wmli" machine i386 or amd64?

Are you booting from CD to install or what?  Upgrade?

You should also try backing to 6.1-RELEASE CD and see what happens.

I'll put on my mindreader hat and guess that you probably need to
just disable the ACPI timer.  You do that at the boot menu by
escaping to the boot prompt (option 6) then typing

  set debug.acpi.disabled="timer"

then type 'boot'.  To make it permanent, put the above line without
the word "set" into /boot/loader.conf