Regression Tests ...

Maxim Konovalov maxim at macomnet.ru
Thu Sep 14 23:58:41 PDT 2006

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, 07:42+0100, David Malone wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 10:53:27PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > For the PostgreSQL Project, we have a 'build farm' ... something that I
> > think is similar to the tinderboxes ... but, their point isn't to just
> > build the source tree, but to run its regression tests, and report when
> > something fails:
> >
> > http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl
>
> We do have something similar - Peter Holm's Stress:
>
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~pho/stress/
>
> He has a presentation at:
>
> 	http://www.linuxforum.dk/2006/slides/peterholm-lf06.pdf

Actually, stress & perfomance tests are a different class of the
tests.  What we have in tools/regression are regression tests but the
main problem we still don't have a unified way to write them and no
infrastructure to run and report results.  E.g. at the moment you
can't cd /usr/src/tools/regression/ && make.

Perhaps we just need to steal NetBSD's bits until we invent something
better.

Btw, there is an item in the project ideas list:

http://www.freebsd.org/projects/ideas/#p-regression

--
Maxim Konovalov