ARRRRGH! Guys, who's breaking -STABLE's GMIRROR code?! - back to Pawel

Karl Denninger karl at denninger.net
Wed Sep 13 18:00:48 PDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 04:46:05PM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 12:38:13PM -0500, Karl Denninger wrote:
> > This is not cool folks.
>
> I'm really sorry for the breakage. I'm trying to treat -STABLE very
> gently, unfortunately this time I made a mistake.

.... (elided)

Thank you Pawel for the explanation.

I understand that things go wrong; as a software developer I've let bad
code "out of the barn" before.  I try like hell not to have it happen, but
it has....

The explanation is appreciated.

BTW, part of the issue here with the -BETA thing is that there's no clear
timeline on this available to people.  I certainly was not aware that you were
in a pre-check period to locking down the code to start the process of burning
the next minor "official" rev.

BTW, if this is indeed the case, you guys definitely need to look at the PR I
filed on the Rcoketport driver.  That problem either needs to be found and
taken care of or those boards need to come out of the supported hardware list
for the next release - its definitely broken, and the cause is not something
immediately obvious (or I would have fixed it by now!)  I <AM> efforting this
but its its only got a moderate priority around here right now.

Karl Denninger (karl at denninger.net) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net	My home on the net - links to everything I do!
http://scubaforum.org		Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!
http://genesis3.blogspot.com	Musings Of A Sentient Mind