ARRRRGH! Guys, who's breaking -STABLE's GMIRROR code?!

Oliver Brandmueller ob at e-Gitt.NET
Tue Sep 12 08:33:13 PDT 2006

Hi.

On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 09:15:47AM -0500, Karl Denninger wrote:
> I don't think its too much to ask that before something is MFC'd back
> to -STABLE from -CURRENT that it <at least> be tested for the most
> common functionality (that is, does it work at all?)  In this case all
> that someone had to do was boot the system and then detach and
> reattach a mirror component - the most basic of functionality - to
> detect that the patch was bad.

Thank god, nothing really can happen, if you deploy a new -STABLE on
your servers, since of course before deploying a new piece of software
it's being tested on a non-prod test setup, where you'll notice such
apparent problems - especially when using -STABLE, where you never know,
if you are probably just in the middle of a bigger commit.

So, since nothing important could break, what's the hassle all about?

- Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |