bpf issue with sis driver

romanl at free.fr romanl at free.fr
Fri Sep 8 03:26:28 PDT 2006

hi all,

The problem is the following:
Using tcpdump -i sis0, whatever other arguments,
I am loosing more or less (UDP) packets depending on
the bitrate when starting AND stopping tcpdump.
At least at the application level as reported by my
client program.

No such problem with the rl driver, not tested on others
yet but that is possible if needed.

I am using FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #0: Thu Sep  7 13:06:10 CEST 2006
but it was the same with a 6.1RC.

from dmesg:
sis0: <NatSemi DP8381[56] 10/100BaseTX> port 0xbc00-0xbcff mem
0xdfffe000-0xdfffefff irq 7 at device 15.0 on pci0
sis0: Silicon Revision: DP83815D

Please let me know if I can help with some other test/info.

Regards,
Roman.