New em driver

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org
Tue Oct 31 23:49:02 UTC 2006

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 03:44:37 +0200, Jack Vogel <jfvogel at gmail.com> wrote:

> After a conference call today, it was decided that a merge of
> my Intel driver base and the STABLE code would take place.
>
> This code undoes the INTR_FAST/taskqueue approach for right
> now. Work will continue to get that to work, but the hope is that
> this driver will be more stable for the 6.2 release.
>
> I encourage everyone that has been having issues to pull the
> new driver and give us feedback. A few select testers so far
> have seen stable performance.

I'm running this at my workstation at work. Today it still had
DEVICE_POLLING compiled in, but no +polling on the interface. It looks ok.
I recompiled without DEVICE_POLLING in the kernel tonight and wil report
when I have more experience tomorrow.
I didn't really stress-test it, but that wasn't necessary in the past to
trigger the watchdog timeouts. A little CPU load did the job in the past.

Ronald.

--
  Ronald Klop
  Amsterdam, The Netherlands